Program Ideas & Highlights
Alpha Sigma Nu Week Goals
1 Promote the Alpha Sigma Nu tenets in a special way
2 Increase awareness of AΣN across campus
3 Celebrate the Jesuit honor society with Chapters across the U.S. and the world
Many events listed on the Chapter Program Ideas page will work well for AΣN Week. Below are some programs that made AΣN Week successful at our Chapters.
Jesuit Heritage Week [ Saint Peter's University ]
See the photo above for a full listing of events associated with Jesuit Heritage Week, put on by the Alpha Sigma Nu Chapter at Saint Peter's University during their AΣN Week.
Jesuit Panel on Life Beyond Graduation [ Boston College ]
The impact of Jesuit education beyond graduation is the theme in this program aimed at juniors and seniors. Jesuits and other faculty members address as a panel the role and impact of Jesuit education after graduation. The program includes discussion post-presentation.
Ignatian Heritage Week as AΣN Week [ Le Moyne College ]
The Chapter collaborated with the campus' Ignatian Ignite, Art, Medieval, and Campus Life Clubs to bring a whole week of events. Because of the collaboration, they chose to call the week Ignatian Heritage Week.
- A talk by Margaret Silf, a worldwide famous Ignatian writer. People from the outside and inside the Le Moyne community, along with Chapter members, attended to hear her take on spiritual insight from Ignatius Loyola
- The student body voted for those professors they believed best embodied the core values of Alpha Sigma Nu: Scholarship, Service and Loyalty
- We handed out bracelets to promote Ignatian Heritage Week
- "Interreligious Exploration of Faith," a panel discussion between a Catholic priest, Protestant minister, Jewish rabbi, and Zen Buddhist nun
- Distributed the "Green Book," developed by AΣN members last year. The Green Book is a spiritual guide and history of Le Moyne College
- Art Wall- Students draw on pieces of paper what spirituality meant to them, and we filled a folding wall with art from students
- A tour of the Jesuit residence followed by a social
- Students decorated luminaries with prayers and names of loved ones they wish to pray for at the luminary ceremony prayer service in the chapel
- A labyrinth in the main room of the chapel, and a mass at 10pm to end this night of reflection and prayer
- Speaker event featuring Jesuit Volunteer Corps volunteers
- Week concludes with a reception to honor the professors who won the student body voting earlier in the week. We chose the top ten professors to invite, and have also invited all of the Jesuits and students who helped during the week to attend the reception