Puget Sound Area Alumni | Applications being accepted for next year’s CLIA program
A Program for Emerging Leaders
The Contemplative Leaders in Action (CLA) Alumni Leadership Program nurtures young, faith-centered, emerging leaders so that they can impact society and culture. This two-year cohort experience for Jesuit-educated alumni, who currently reside in the Puget Sound region, includes retreats, monthly interactive sessions, study and discussion, prayer, lecture (speaker series), and service and justice opportunities.
By providing both spiritual formation and secular leadership training, the CLA program is unique and intentionally goes where other leadership or spirituality programs for young adults have not. It is our hope that participants will:
- build a network of peers in various occupations
- develop relationships with senior professionals in various fields
- learn Jesuit/Ignatian techniques for making good decisions and for praying
- polish their communication and leadership skills
- reflect on their strengths, growth areas, and role in the world
- discuss the current state of our world and discern where and how they want to lead
CLA cohorts currently operate in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Syracuse, NY and are run by the Jesuit Collaborative. The 2011-2013 Magis CLA program is the first cohort on the West Coast and the first cohort sponsored by a Jesuit university! Magis is currently recruiting for its second CLA cohort.
Listen to an America Magazine podcast by Daniel Hendrickson, SJ, chaplain to the CLA program in New York. His podcast about CLA is called Forming Faith Leaders.
We are now accepting applications for the 2013-2015 CLA cohort. Applications are due Friday, May 17th, 2013. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the CLA Program Manager, Katie Steele.
Please find more details and the 2013-3015 cohort application and schedule here.