Apply today for CLA’s 2017-2019 cohort
Alpha Sigma Nu encourages members to pursue Ignatian leadership training as a way of fulfilling the lifelong pledge taken at induction. CLA is a wonderful Ignatian partner offering this kind of leadership development program for young adults.
Contemplative Leaders in Action (CLA)
CLA is a two-year faith formation and leadership development program for young adults (25 - 35 years old), rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. While the program nurtures individual growth, it also strives to develop a cohort of leaders who can bring the dynamics of faith and justice to lead their families, co-workers and communities.
The CLA Experience
CLA takes place over a two-year time period and includes:
- An annual retreat
- Monthly meetings including discussion with your peers on relevant themes
- Occasional presentations from guest speakers on topics ranging from Ignatian spirituality to leadership to ethics
- Mentoring – you will have the opportunity to engage experienced professionals with whom to discuss the challenges of life, leadership, and faith.
- Spiritual Direction – CLA will introduce you to talented and caring spiritual directors to help facilitate your faith-journey.
- A capstone project culminating in the second year that is an opportunity for you to create a project that expresses what you have learned in CLA and to apply it to the world in concrete ways
Who is CLA for?
CLA is designed for young professionals, 25 - 35 years old. Each year fifteen to eighteen emerging leaders representing diverse professions will be invited to participate. Participants will share certain key characteristics: a capacity for self-reflection, several years of work experience, a personal commitment to serve the common good, demonstrated leadership potential, and the willingness to pursue spiritual and professional growth. Because development of community is crucial to success of the program, participants must have the ability to engage in, and contribute to, development of the cohort experience by sharing honestly and respectfully.
If you think CLA is for you, find more information here.
Photo from contemplativeleaders.org